Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Biggest Primary Surprise?

And....I'm back.  Took a short break, but I'm back to dish out more opinions and questions on some interesting races taking place in the Panhandle from the Governor's race on down.

There are always surprises when it comes to election results, but Rick Scott's defeat of Bill McCollum was probably the biggest one in recent memory.  Rick Scott...he certainly has made the Governor's race a bit more interesting hasn't he?  He went from "outsider" to "insider" so fast it made my head spin!  My question is why is he running free (not in jail), much less running for Governor?  At least Jeff Greene went down in flames so we don't have to hear any more enlightening quotes from Mike Tyson or fend off mental images of a vomit- covered yacht (seriously that's disgusting!).  I have to say (insert sarcasm here heh heh) that I am just really touched by what big hearts exist in Florida's Republican party.  I mean they were ready to roast Scott alive before the primary, but now?  Sharing stages, talking about unity, calls for support (yes, we know we said he was the devil, but that was soooo last week!)...what's next?  Roses?  Wine?  Carriage rides in the park? 

At this rate the RPOF and associates look like they're aiming to snatch an Emmy from the Real Housewives of DC next year instead of being serious about addressing Florida's very real problems that need serious solutions.  I say thank goodness for Alex Sink - a level-headed, incredibly smart woman who is ready to tackle all of Florida's issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment