Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Follow-up on Governor's Race

Not long after finishing yesterday's post about Rick Scott upsetting McCollum in the Republican primary race I saw that Lawton "Bud" Chiles, III (Independent) is expected to drop out of the race.  While this simplifies the choices, it remains to be seen which party will benefit most from this development.  I've heard good arguments both ways.  Some say it will help the Democrats as he is more Democrat (even though running as an Independent) and therefore won't be pulling votes from Alex Sink, but I've heard the same about the Republicans.  Chiles was an alternative to Rick Scott, but not a Dem, which allegedly appealed to a number of moderate Republicans.  I'd be willing to bet there are TONS of undecided voters out there and I hope they will take a good close look at the candidates.  Of course I am hoping they decide to vote for Alex Sink!

No comments:

Post a Comment